See YouTube video and photos.
Much doesn’t work, but I was able to play Smart Keyboard. I’m on 4.2.1, maybe it would be better on 4.3…
Could be a way to for app to resize. Not sure. My hope is that others will see this and maybe spark some interest.
Photos after the break.
I’ll list out the steps I took. Ask questions in the comments:
1. Jailbreak your iPhone @ 4.2.1
2. Install OpenSSH package.
3. Buy GarageBand on your computer via iTunes. Find downloaded app on your computer: GarageBand 1.0.0.ipa
4. Unarchive the file. You may need to rename it to: GarageBand 1.0.0.ipa.zip
5. Using Cyberduck, connect to your iPhone and copy the folder “MobileGarageBand.app” from the uncompressed archive into the folder: /var/stash/Applications
5a. Change permissions (chmod) the directory aka folder “MobileGarageBand.app” to 775 or use iFile (U: RWE, G: RWE, W: RE)
5b. Change permissions (chmod) the application “MobileGarageBand” to 775 or use iFile (U: RWE, G: RWE, W: RE)
6. Reboot phone and you will see the app.
7. Run it and enjoy the rather limited functionality
Update #1 3/3/2011 – Added in 5a & 5b